Friday, November 19, 2010

A coffee-blog in the land of tea

This is a blog for all the established or up and coming coffee-lovers out there.

All though India is a major tea-country the number of coffee consumers are growing, so I see a potential audience of what will be a ground breaking blog!

This is me:


 

Before coming to India this was usually how you would see me, with two black coffees in my hand. My name is Sofie Prestegard, and I from a tiny country called Norway, were we love our coffee black, and in big quantities. 






One my first culture shocks after coming to India was how milky and sweet the coffee is here, and how it is inferior to tea or chai. As a coffee-lover though Karnataka is the place to be. Which is the biggest coffee state in India when it comes to production.


Through this blog I will explore the culture of Coffee both here in India and internationally. I will give you news about coffee, fun facts, recipes, competitions and off course I will gladly test the coffees at the many undiscovered coffee joints of Bangalore. 


Opinionated as you are, feel free to give me feedback, tips and comments.

6 comments:

  1. Nice!! But I really, really dont like coffee. Still, I am glad you gave a piece of fun fact about Norwegian coffee culture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! i love this blog already! coffee makes my day you know and i'll be more than glad to read about anything and everything about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Black coffee too :) and i liked your coffee facts they are very intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the coffee facts were interesting.... loved ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo Sofie;-) When you come home I will make you a nice cup of black coffee...

    ReplyDelete